Special products section will be available if you have Special Products free osCommerce contribution installed. This contribution can be found here.
Otherwise your Special Products Page icon will be "grayed out", meaning
that this page is inactive (unavailable).
Also this page is not available if you're
using Embedded database.
On Special products page you can configure appearance of a product in the list of special items.
- Special Status. Product will be displayed at your store as
Special only when Special Status checkbox is checked. You can select
which products from the list you'd like to mark as featured at this moment by
a check-mark in Special Status or using [Check Selection]/[Uncheck
- Price field shows regular product price.
- New price - the price for a product after it was made featured at your store as Special (special price).
- Expires Date - After this date Featured status will not be
valid. You can set date when you'd like to stop displaying this product
as featured. If the Featured Status box is unchecked, expiration
date won't influence anything as the product is not included in featured list.
- Date added - indicates the date, when the product was added to featured list.
- Last modified - field represents the date, when you've made last changes in this product status.
- Date status change - automatically shows time when Special
status was changed (you can see it current meaning in the box right
under Date Status Change option). Please note that even if you manually
set this date, it won't change product status.
Using specials toolbar and context menu you can perform the following basic operations:
1. Add special product. When you click on add special icon ,
standard search product form appears. If you type a few letters of
product's name or model in "Text to Search" field, the manager will show
you a list of products that match your request.
If you doubleclick on
any product in the search results, it'll be added to the specials list.
For more search options check Search Product
section. Please note that products cannot be opened here for editing.
If you wish to edit any specific product,
go to Catalog -> Categories
& Products section.
2. Refresh data button forces special products' list update. It is useful when you're changing
connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
3. By clicking on delete button you'll remove selected product from the specials list only, not from the database
4. To adjust columns width use auto-size icon.
By eMagicOne Inc.